The winter chill has just announced the start of the holiday season. It is the time to stay indoors and occupy ourselves in parties and get-togethers. It is also the time of the year where your heating systems are in the full form and protecting you from the bone chilling cold outside. But is your Quebec HVAC working at its full efficiency and offer you maximum for every dollar that you are spending on energy bills. If you are wondering how to cut costs without compromising on your comfort we have some tips that would help you save energy and enjoy a blissful winter. Visit Our Site
- Replace Dirty Filters – As a preventive maintenance replace air filters at the beginning of the season. The problem with dirty filters is that they extract more juice out of your equipment to offer the same efficiency as a clear filter would and hence consume more energy. If you are unable to do this you can call in the experts who would replace it in no time.
- Remove Clutter around Heating System -Never clutter the area around the heating system as this reduces its efficiency. They obstruct the natural flow of air in your room that can increase the consumption of energy. Similarly you must prevent any kinds of blockages and obstructions in the vents that often result out of holiday decorations.
- Optimize Usage – This is something that any Quebec Heating and cooling contractor would suggest to minimize costs. As a good practice you can set your thermostat to 68° as this allows the system to operate at lesser energy and yet keep your home warm. You can turn the thermostat down at night when you are comfortably in your beds or when you leave home for a short duration of time.
- Use Sun’s Energy – Using sunlight and energy is one of the best ways to keep your home warm during the daytime. Since the heat gets trapped behind in the room after sunset you can install window coverings in all your windows as it will prevent the heat from escaping out. In fact this also helps keep your home warm when your heating system is operating.
- Don’t Forget The Exhaust – While exhaust fans in bathrooms and kitchen help in expelling bad fumes and odor they may also push out the heated air from within your home. This cools the room temperatures and puts your equipment through extra work to maintain comfortable temperatures inside. When not in use, make sure your exhaust is switched off to minimize this.
These tips go a long way in improving the operational efficiency of your equipment and help you in cutting costs. To get the best out of your HVAC equipment it is important that you hire the services of a professional contractor and this is where Maxi-Therm Heating and Cooling would be your best choice in Quebec, Canada. They have a team of experts to carry out this job neatly as they have executed projects at dozens of residential and commercial properties in the past.